Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Road Report: Watch out for Black Ice

For anyone doing any holiday (or even in-town) travelling in the colder climes, black ice is a definite road hazard. For anyone who stitched last year's ornament, Celtic Ice, and is prepping for the upcoming holiday, this Black Ice is much less hazardous.

I used Carrie's Threads in: Irish Kiss, Hunter, Masquerade, and Boysenberry on black Belfast linen to make this new version.  Since the fabric didn't have "windowpane" stripes on it, I added my own.  Also, since I could, I made the squares SQUARE so that the ornament can hang on point without being lopsided.  (I was totally depressed when I found last year that my 6 yards of this checked fabric was not symmetrically woven - really, weavers - what's with that!)

Strikingly different than the original, wouldn't you say.

4 comments:

  1. I totally get what you said about the unsquare checked fabric.

    It would have made me insane. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like!!! Wait until Mel sees it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear - Colleen for Blue and me for black huh? I LOVE IT !!! I have to stitch a version of this for myself, and then assemble the two versions back to back to have a reversible ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is STUNNING!! You've done it again, Tracy!!

    ReplyDelete