Tuesday, January 8, 2013

End of the World - Remix

An online friend sent me this wonderfully clever graphic that she helped create that depicts some of the various apocalyptic predictions that have failed to pass.  Unless of course, you believe that one of them came TRUE and we are all just saved data in "The Library" waiting to be restored or that we are participants in an old heads-in-jars matrixesque vision.

Do note that Sir Isaac Newton's claim remains in a pending status. Although I have the utmost respect for him, I do hope that he's incorrect. Albeit our present day meteorologists are not even worthy to warm a bleacher in Newton's ball park, their thirty-day accu-weather forecasts establish the example of our (in)ability to predict much.  The Amazing Carnac says we'll have cold, wintery weather here in eastern WA on Feb 8th. Duh. I DO have a solid faith in the comet's return and the calendars rolling over, but my mental logic circuits don't associate any inherent danger with such things. Rambling. Sorry.

I really enjoy the simple graphic style and limited palette. I'm not sure if it was screened printed or just meant to look like it. I also cheer the subtle word play slipped in. Well done!

Thank you Allison for sharing the fun.


Please Include Attribution to OnlinePsychologyDegree.net With This Graphic Badgets in Bed Infographic

BTW related, Current audio book I'm listening to while I'm stitching those models or submitting to minimal required amounts of housecleaning, for those that enjoy such things as I do: Raymond Khoury's The Sign. It's a spy thriller full of apocalyptic second-coming hoaxed-up entertaining nonsense. Click the pic if you want to read the synopsis and very mixed reviews on Amazon. I got mine from the library (small "l" not THE Library) as a Playaway.

5 comments:

  1. Love the Dr. Who references! I should have known! So do tell- which is your favorite Dr?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nods to a fellow Whovian. Baker, then Pertwee. I'm definitely old school (and haven't had cable in a decade or more.) Although I caught some more recent shows on a library dvd; Tennant is pretty awesome :-)

      Delete
  2. Tennant is wonderful, my heart always belonged to Baker, too, but Matt Smith has definately stolen my now-if you can pick up the newer ones, you will love his sense of humour-it's close to the Baker years!sds

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete