Saturday, October 10, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving Canadians!

There is a lot of weird nonsense going on in the world right now, but there is also plenty to be thankful for. Monday is Thanksgiving Day for our Canadian friends, of which I am happy to have many. I was pleased to be asked by Thread & Eye in London, Ontario (the same shop that let me pilot the Roll Your Own Mandalas) to extend my Reflections series to include Canada. Challenge accepted.
Reflections of Canada 
Canada has no shortage of cool cultural icons, and I tried to balance some from both from modern society and the native peoples. Throw in a few common non-human residents and add a generous sprinkling of the traditional maple leaves and... Voila! Reflections of Canada.

Ingredients: Hockey sticks, teepees, Inukshuk, beavers, pine trees, Parliament building, geese, moose, totem pole, RCMP, the CN tower, dogwood flower, and maple leaves.

This chart is currently available exclusively through Thread & Eye. Neale and Kathy are happy to do mail order.  It's shown stitched in Dinky Dyes Warratah silk on 32 count Vintage Smokey White linen by Zweigart, but it will obviously adapt to just about any color scheme.

6 comments:

  1. I love this! I see so much in it. Even hockey sticks! I don't even know how to cross stitch but I think I'll order the pattern anyway and try it out - although it's probably kind of difficult for a beginner. Anyway I'll give my thanks, Tracy, for your wonderful Canadian tribute. Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, Deb! Cross stitch is really quite easy, and this piece has NO color changes and NO backstitching. Aida is easiest to learn with. A couple skeins of DMC and you are good to go. Just take it one little x at a time. Let me know how it goes.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the encouragement and the tips Tracy! I will get Aida and DMC, and will report back with how I do. Don't be surprised if it takes me quite a while though!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Tracy for doing a Canadian chart. I am thrilled. It is on order. I will be proud to stitch it and hang it in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance this will be available for other retailers to purchase? My customer base has requested me to stock it, and as a Canadian company, it would be a chart I'd be proud to sell. =)


    Cheers,
    Nikki
    nikki@chartingcreations.com
    www.chartingcreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete